Sunday, November 25, 2007

The saga continues...

Well my mother was admitted to the hospital last night. I got a hysterical phone call from my aunts that my mother was in terrible shape and I needed to go over right away. My mother was throwing up and hysterical. She could not walk and had not eaten in almost 24 hours.

I pick up the phone and call 911. Yet another happy ride in an ambulance to the ER. My mother became beligerent with me. She wanted crackers, she wanted ginger ale, she wanted to go the bathroom, her head hurt, her ear hurt, I didn't find the nurse fast enough, etc. etc. It was a constant barrage of commands. No one else could make it to relieve me so I was left yet again to deal with her and her non stop complaints for hours on end.

All the tests come back. There is nothing wrong with her. But they admitted her. Because she shakes, which she claims is normal, they admitted her for observation. They are also concerned because she was so abusive to me.

I told my brother he needs to deal with this today. I cannot. I need a day to get my life back in order. I also need a day to recover from the barrage.

2 comments:

Chiara said...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and when things calm down remind me to tell you about the conversation my Dad had with one of the sisters last night. the gist of it was I should of told him everything that was going on since you, Jenn and I are friends.

Yeah my kid being in the hospital wasn't my priority.

.tawnya. said...

Just checking in to say hi. I hope things are better with your mom. Hugs. Tawnya